Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Advent

Busy busy busy as always here... awaiting the birth of baby number 7 in april and trying to homeschool three kids, while managing three preschoolers, and cooking for everyone (following the gluten free diet) is no small feat!!

Oh, but I love it.  I'm happier than I have ever been.

We are now in the first week of advent and have been enjoying this change in the liturgical year.


This year, we are doing the advent chain again, but I don't have time to type it up here. There are wonderful all over the catholic blogsphere.  Here are a few links that are worthy of taking note:

O Night Divine (a blog dedicated to advent and christmas activities)

Catholic Cuisine (food blog for catholic feast days... every feast day deserves something yummy at supper!)

paperdali.com (lots of free paper dolls.. both historical figures like ancient egypt and catholic ones)

Catholic Icing  (so many wonderful craft ideas)

Family in Feast and Feria  (she is the liturgical year queen.  Wonderful ideas can be found in her archives)

... and there are so much more! I don't have time to list them all.  It's worth your time to take a look at some of these wonderful resources.

And for today... we are making Nativity crafts so the kids can have their own nativities in their rooms during advent.

Some places we have gone for inspiration:

crechemania.com  (free printable vintage paper nativities and dioramas. These are so much fun to look at. They would be hard for a preschooler, but an older child would enjoy cutting the various layers out).

free printable nativity scene (this is a lovely one which is fun to color and mom can help with the assembly).

Enjoy!!

5 comments:

The Mama said...

Some of these sites are new to me- thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Gregory Miller said...

Oh, thank you for your kind words! You make me blush! God bless!

Wee Pip said...

I don't know how you do it, my friend...I feel like I'm bursting at the seams with 3 kids, lol. You do such an amazing job, I am in awe! God bless:)
Sarah

asplendidtime said...

Hi M! Tami from the Oct. 2009 Due Dates at MOMYS is organizing a photo collage. If you'd like to participate you are most welcome. Could you pm me on MOMYS and I could point you to the thread?

Have a blessed day,
Rebecca from Alberta ~asplendidtime

Wee Pip said...

Just wanted to let you know that I still check in sometimes, hoping to hear about the birth of #7 and all, lol. I haven't forgotten you! God bless and hope the little one is here now, healthy and enjoying his/her new family:)